Investigation to Peace Mothers who condemned attacks

img

ŞIRNAK- Despite the earthquake, an investigation was opened in accordance with the “Censorship Law" about the Mothers of Peace, who pointed out the responsibility of the government against the attacks and destruction of Turkey.

Despite the earthquake that took place on February 6 -based on February 6, Turkey's continuing air strikes on Rojava and Federated Kurdistan Region caused condemnations. While the official institutions were inadequate in the face of the destruction in the earthquake area, the Şırnak Peace Mothers Council on the continuation of the attacks, called for people to direct the power of the state for people in the earthquake area, not war. Mothers said: "If the government supported the earthquake victims instead of war, there would be no loss of life."
 
Silopi Chief Public Prosecutor's Office launched an investigation about Emine Özek, Behiye Nayır, Emine Alkış, Zeynep Beğenir and Nuriye Atmış, who made a statement on February 22, allegedly spread the public misleading information in accordance with Article 217 added to the TPC. On February 26, the Mothers of Peace, were called to the Silopi District Police Department, testified.
 
Peace mothers said they would continue to express their condemnations to war.
 
‘EARTHQUAKE IS DISASTER BUT DESTRUCTION COULD BE PREVENTED"
 
Stating that standing in the face of war is not a crime, Peace Mother Emine Özek "Despite the earthquake, we have given an interview about the continuation of the war, and we wanted the money spent for the war to be sent to the earthquake areas. Police asked me why I said that the state went late for help to earthquake victims. In this way, they want to intimidate the people, and no one wants to get out of their house. The state wants everyone to be silent. Earthquakes are natural disasters, but destruction can be prevented. They want to scare us, but we are not afraid."
 
"WE WILL CONTINUE TO CONDEMN TO WAR’
 
Behiye Nayır, one of the Mothers of Peace, said that the earthquake caused destruction and that this destruction affected everyone. Nayır said: “In this disaster without the distinction of the Kurdish, Turkish and Arab, everyone was damaged. We wanted the state to run to the rescue on the first day. Despite the earthquake, we said that the attacks should be stopped, so they filed a lawsuit against us. The state was not in the earthquake areas for 3 days. If the state had been there, so many people would not have died. An investigation was opened against us because we said that everyone should be mobilized. We don't want anyone to die. We are against all kinds of killing. If the case is opened for us, we will continue to call for peace. They blame us for what we call peace, we have not committed any crimes ..
 
QUESTION: WHY DID YOU SAY THAT KURDS ONLY WENT TO HELP
 
Stating that it was not a crime to oppose war and condemning the investigation, Emine Alkış, one of the mothers said: "Police asked me why I said that the Kurds only went to help earthquake victims. I said that and I am still defending the same thing. They were the Kurds who first went to help, because the Kurdish people are hospitable and merciful”.
 
Peace mothers reiterated that they would continue to speak about both the attacks and the destruction of the state in the earthquake.
 
 

View More Articles

23/04/2024
11:02 Prisoners protest for freedom of Abdullah Ocalan
09:30 Free Press employees detained
09:29 Call from Stêrk and Medya Haber TV
09:29 Police raid on Stêrk TV and Medya Haber TV studios
22/04/2024
17:21 Bakırhan: We are open to any party that is sincere for a solution
12:56 KDP hangs Turkish flags streets of Hewlêr before Erdogan's visit
11:27 No news from journalist Ahmet detained by KDP for 181 days
11:26 DEM Party: Kurdish journalists have been following the truth for 126 years
11:18 Prisoners protest for freedom of Abdullah Ocalan
11:15 'Imrali isolation can be abolsihed by struggling together'
10:45 Journalist Karadaş: The fate of people in the Middle East is interconnected
21/04/2024
11:05 126 years of resistance tradition
10:44 Every day letters to CPT for Abdullah Ocalan
09:52 Children's rights on cover of Jin Magazine
09:51 New attack launched in Metîna before Erdogan's visit
09:50 No news from journalist Suleyman Ahmet for 180 days
09:49 Prisoners protest for freedom of Abdullah Ocalan
20/04/2024
11:17 No news from journalist Suleyman Ahmet for 179 days
11:16 Prisoners protest for freedom of Abdullah Ocalan
11:12 Ill prisoners have not been treated for 3 years
10:35 Muslim: PKK is an excuse, the target is Kirkuk and Sulaymaniyah
19/04/2024
14:02 Families apply to go to Imrali
13:48 Peshmerga being killed in Turkish attack
13:47 Hatimoğulları: Election results increased our hope
13:37 Halise Aksoy releases
12:41 Prisoners protest for freedom of Abdullah Ocalan
12:28 No news from journalist detained by KDP intelligence
12:24 Justice Watch: Our struggle will continue
18/04/2024
13:26 'I am a respectable person' defense from soldier who arrested for sexual assault
13:02 Application to meet to Abdullah Ocalan from lawyers
12:47 No news from journalist Ahmet for 177 days
12:45 Prisoners protest for freedom of Abdullah Ocalan
12:44 'Let's be a partner the resistance of the prisoners'
12:00 Journalist Oynas: Resistance against oppression in prison has increased
11:02 International 'Dialogue with Ocalan' event days
16/04/2024
16:50 Imprisonmen review wii be held tomorrow in Kobanê Case
15:58 ‘Their demands are our demands’
13:59 No news from journalist for 175 days
12:51 Prisoners protest for freedom of Abdullah Ocalan
10:09 Çarşema Sor celebration in Wêranşar
09:13 Imrali letter to CPT from 91 institutions and names
15/04/2024
17:17 Debt left by Sêrt trustee: 456 million Liras
17:16 Book of chords selected pieces from last 13 years Kurdish music published
16:59 From Temelli to parties in Parliament: It's time to learn lessons
16:03 Iran massacred 2 kolbars
14:20 'Our growing struggle will break the isolation'
13:26 'War cabinet' meets in Israel
13:04 Supreme Court elections in 17th round
12:18 Motion to ban trade between Turkey and Israel
12:10 Air attack on Biradost